CytoMatrix is a synthetic matrix that counts among its various characteristics the property to capture and store inside its three-dimensional structure, the biological material (micro-macro cells and cell aggregates) from needle withdrawal samples.
CytoMatrix preserves (by formalin fixation and paraffin embedding) the material from a needle aspiration, on which various routine diagnostic tests will be performed, from Hematoxylin-Eosin (H&E), Immunohistochemistry (IHC), FISH, Molecular Biology. This makes it an essential and in some cases indispensable and irreplaceable tool for a complete and accurate diagnosis.
OPTIMUM SAMPLE MANAGEMENT:
CytoMatrix’s innovative method allows the operator to ‘rationally’ manage the available biological material.
This means that the management of the valuable and not plentiful quantity of material withdrawn by needle aspiration can be managed optimally by the laboratory.
All the material collected with fine-needle aspiration is available in CytoMatrix.
1. Collection of material via needle aspiration from anatomic site of interest
2. Transfer of collected aspirated material onto CytoMatrix
3. Fixation in formalin of the complex CytoMatrix-material obtained in step 2
4. Processing and paraffin embedding of the aspirated complex CytoMatrix-material
5. Application, on the obtained inclusion, of diagnostic techniques utilized by the Histopathology laboratory
7. Storage for further examination
The technician does not intervene directly on the aspirated material during the above-mentioned steps.